National Home Sales Rise In March
Canadian Real Estate Association April 16th media release
According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national resale housing activity edged higher in March 2012.
• Home sales rose 2.5% from February to March
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 1.6% above levels in March 2011, the smallest year-over-year increase since last April
• The number of newly listed homes eased 0.3% from February to March
• While still well balanced, the national housing market tightened due to the rise in activity
• The national average home price edged down 0.5% on a year-over-year basis in March